Thursday

One of the few things you can't control - a rainy wedding day



While posting K+J's pictures I started to reminisce about that day. While getting K ready, the forecast changed from clear skies to rain, rain and more rain. We tried to rush to get pictures done before the skies opened up but no such luck, we had to shoot in the rain. And although we didn't miss the rain, we did get the next best thing...a super-relaxed, go-with-the-flow couple and wedding party.

This made me want to get on here and blog about how, while there's lots of things to stress about, the weather isn't one of them. Why? Well honestly, because there isn't a darn thing you can do about it!!!

Now, before you start thinking about how it's easy for me to say that because it's not my wedding, listen - I am a survior of a rainy day wedding! And my ceremony was outside! So trust me, I've been there - and there's nothing you can do about it. So, although it is disheartening and upsetting, if it decides to rain on your wedding day just try to relax and go with the flow.

Honestly, some of my favorite pictures have been done in the rain. Both of these were shot by Kortnee Kate Photography and are among my top fave shots of all time {I'm biased, the second one is currently blown up and famed over my bed. No sillies, it's not a client! It's me and Rick. That would be a little creepy...}








Some more eye candy to reiterate just how amazing rainy photos can be





Great rainy pictures aren't only limited to a light sprinkle...







And I now believe that no wedding album is complete without a gorgeous gown and rain boots. I mean really? Everyone needs rain boots - bridesmaids gift???

Perhaps a monogrammed umbrella..yep, definitely a monogrammed umbrella ;)


So let this be the one thing you let go of and just relax. Spend your time on other things you can control, like buying your girls new galoshes. Nobody can control the weather, not even a meteorologist. 

P.S. I'm a size 8 ;)

and I can't resist posting these. Awww memories...


Pin It!"

No comments:

CONTACT US
Loading...

Search This Blog